Monday, September 16, 2024

Meal Planning

I was sick for almost a week, and we had a lot of random in-a-pinch type dinners. I didn't end up making everything on the last meal plan, short as it was. It's currently very hot here, so I'm avoiding using the oven. Here is what I have to use up: half a red bell pepper, half a green bell pepper, and russet potatoes. Here is what I'm making:


Air Fryer Tofu with Rice and Crunchy Asian Slaw

Making this tonight because I didn't make it yet. I'll make the rice in the Instant Pot, as we've taken to doing.


Indian Style Sandwiches with fresh Cilantro Chutney

Probably Tuesday so we can have everything ready to make into sandwiches when Sim gets home from voice lessons. I'll bake the potatoes in the Instant Pot to avoid the oven and also because I've learned it yields even better baked potatoes than the oven.


Falafel (plus Red Sauce and Hummus) and Greek Salad

Maybe Wednesday night because it's a bit labor intensive, and Sim will be at school late so I'll have more time. I'll make the falafel in the air fryer. I think I did that once before and it was good. I think the recipe I normally use calls for egg, but I'll replace it with aquafaba from the cooked, refrigerated chickpeas. I'll have to remember to put the chickpeas to soak tonight (Monday) so I have plenty of time to do all this. So many sauces.


Catalan Sauteed Polenta and Butter Beans

I have more than one kind of butter beans from my Rancho Gordo bean boxes, and I haven't made this in a while. I'm going to try making the polenta in the Instant Pot. If it doesn't turn out, I'll scrap this recipe for now. I'm not doing the oven version I normally do in this heat. If I soak the beans and make the polenta on Thursday, this could be pretty easy to throw together Friday night. Thursday we'll just eat leftovers.


Red Beans & Rice and Green Salad

An easy Sunday or Saturday night dinner if we can't come up with something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment