Sunday, March 3, 2013

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I am feeling tired and lazy, so I don't feel like doing anything too lavish or new.  This week I have the following things that need to be used up:  green onions, a green bell pepper, a few russet potatoes, two Roma tomatoes, and about a cup of painfully expensive organic low fat sour cream.

Thai Green Curry with Brown Rice
This will use up the bell pepper, and it's something Simran can eat.

Spaghetti with Vegetarian Meatballs and Swiss Chard with Walnut Sauce
Simran loved her first experience with spaghetti last week, so I'm doing it
 again this week and finishing off the Trader Joe's veg meatballs.

Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wrap and Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
I'm basically just making stuff I can feed Simran now.  The vegan cream of broccoli soup was titled "broccoli soup" in a previous post, but I made some adjustments to it.

Layered Mashed White and Sweet Potatoes with Greens
This is a recipe from Caldwell Esselstyn's Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease.  It sounds like something Simran might like and it will use up my leftover russet potatoes.

Tortilla Pie
Another Esselstyn recipe.  It sounds pretty good and will use up the tomatoes.  Maybe Sameer and I will finish off the fancy sour cream with this too.  I'll probably add green onions to it too to get of those and add flavor to this.  This recipe should also use up the corn tortillas currently in my fridge.

Vegan Chili over Polenta
I made this a couple of weeks ago and Simran was able to eat every piece of it.  I liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment