Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Steamed Asparagus with Lemon-Caper Mayo

This is one of my favorite vegetable side dishes.  It's from finecooking.com, which recently started saying it's going to require me to have a subscription to access it, so I'm copying it here with my minor alterations.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed of tough, woody stems
  • Kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Vegannaise to make it vegan)
  • 2 medium cloves garlic
  • 2 Tbs. drained (not rinsed) capers
  • 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
  • 3/4 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1) Steam asparagus until it's a bright green color.  When in doubt, err on the side of not cooking it long enough.  You can eat it warm, room temperature, or chilled.  After steaming, I put keep it in a container in the fridge to snack on cold.

2) Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment