Thursday, January 23, 2020

Buffalo Tofu Salad

This is a vegetarian adaptation of the buffalo shrimp salad at Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House.  Lately I've been keeping all the ingredients on hand so I can heat up some tofu and then throw everything together in a bowl.  It seems to be one of those dishes that has so much vegetable matter and healthy stuff in it that it can taste rich and filling and still help me lose weight.

Ingredients
Buffalo tofu, a couple fistfuls (can be made without the oil in the recipe -- I cube up the tofu and make a big batch so I can have it on hand in the fridge)
Spring greens, big bowlful
Pecans, 2 tbs (can be spicy, roasted, or toasted -- I've been just lightly toasting whatever raw pecan pieces I have on hand in a skillet)
Blue cheese crumbles, 2 tbs (I like a gorgonzola or something even milder)
Ranch dressing

Directions

1)  If you prepared the buffalo tofu in advance, heat it in the microwave.

2)  Toss salad greens with dressing.  Throw everything else on top.  Eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment