Thursday, January 23, 2020

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning!  I'm doing Tuesday (today) through Friday and then figuring it out after that later, like I did this past weekend.  That seems to be working pretty well to cut down on having too many groceries.  At the moment I'm making buffalo tofu because it goes really well in the salad I've been enjoying.  I also didn't bother spicing the pecans and just lightly pan toasted some pecan pieces and included them in the salad for texture.  It's great.

Here is what I'm making this week:

Pasta Primavera with Pesto Alfredo
I have some fancy noodles that I received as a gift that I'd like to use in this, plus there is an entire container of non-vegan pesto in my fridge (the new local grocery store has finally started carrying the vegan sort by Gotham Greens) and some leftover heavy cream that need to be used up within the next week or two.  If I can find vegetarian chik'n strips, I'll include those too.  This will also use up the last of the sliced and julienned vegetables leftover in the fridge.

Homemade Pizza
Sameer's birthday is next weekend, so we're starting festivities on Friday night with pizza, mango sorbet, and cake.

Cherry Chip Cake 
Sameer asked for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cherry chip cake, so I think the frosting (or at least the frosting on top) will be plain vanilla buttercream to make it easier to color green.

Tofu Provencal and Brown Rice Pilaf and Shaved Brussels Sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment