Sunday, May 12, 2013

Whipped Sweet Potatoes

I made Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes from this Martha Stewart recipe and they were really good.  The next time I made them though I only included the sweet potatoes and left out the butter, maple syrup, and everything else since I try to make everything Simran eats as healthy as possible.  They still taste good and really sweet (except now I don't just want to keep adding more butter and syrup like I do when they have those flavors), so now we have them plain for everyday meals.  I highly recommend cooking the sweet potatoes as described below though since they are flavorful and easy to prep this way.  That's why I'm saving this recipe in particular. 

Ingredients

  • 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (optional)
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper (optional)


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until very tender when pierced with a knife, 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, halve sweet potatoes. With a spoon, scoop out flesh (discard skins); transfer to a food processor. Add butter and syrup (if desired -- I personally don't add anything); process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper (also not strictly necessary). Serve warm.

Cook's Note:  To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 2 days. Reheat gently, 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment