Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.

Chilli-Garlic Noodles   
I have leftover shredded cabbage and carrot from the Vegetable Manchurian, so I'm using them up here.

Creamy Vegan Mac 'n Cheese and Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips and Collard Greens with Almonds 
I'm trying a new mac 'n cheese recipe.  This one uses the vegan cheese sauce I loved so much from the grilled cheese (and have been continually using up on steamed broccoli).  I'll be using quinoa/corn elbow macaroni since it's whole grain (I think -- it seems whole grain from the ingredient list, and that's the whole reason I bought it) and I had to order it by the case.

Veggie Summer Rolls and Miso Soup
Now that I have a basil plant, I can finally make summer rolls again.  The miso soup recipe is new to me.  I love miso, and it seems so simple and healthy, but I've never successfully made it before.

Seitan & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice   
I have a lot of random chopped vegetables leftover from other meals that I can use up in this meal.

Vegan 7-Layer Dip
I think I would consider this my first attempt at vegan junk food.  I wanted something nacho-like, and it sounded more appealing than the nacho recipe from the same site (plus I don't have the tempeh called for in the nacho recipe and don't feel like trekking to Whole Foods).

Vegan Pan Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, Caramelized Onions, & Breadcrumbs
and Green Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
We haven't had pizza in a couple weeks, so this recipe seemed like a good idea.  I basically just searched for "best vegan pizza recipe" and picked out the first one that looked appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment