Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I didn't get around to the stir-fry last week (I decided to make pav bhaji instead on account of having so many whole wheat hamburger buns and potatoes to use up), and the pizza is happening tomorrow, so they'll be on the menu this week.  Here is what I need to use up from my fridge:  rainbow chard from the farmer's market, a few crowns of broccoli from the farmer's market, a couple pounds of organic russet potatoes, and an avocado.  Here is what I'm making:

Vegan Pan Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, Caramelized Onions, & Breadcrumbs
and Rainbow Chard with Walnut Sauce
This is carry over from last week, so I already have all the ingredients.  I'm making it tomorrow.  I've switched out the green salad to use up the chard I found at the farmer's market this week.

Polish Sausage & Cabbage Skillet with Mashed Potatoes
I don't actually have vegetarian kielbasa (which Tofurky does make btw), but I think my vegan homemade Italian sausage would taste good with sauerkraut, and this seemed close enough to work.  I just thawed some leftover homemade sausage the other day and found out it freezes and thaws beautifully, so I'm cleaning the sausage out of my freezer and doing a veg take on this recipe.  I also have plenty of organic russet potatoes in my pantry for mashing.  Since it calls for a full head of cabbage, I might use one and a half so I can use up the remainder making...

Chilli-Garlic Noodles  
I have a meal's worth of chile-garlic paste in the fridge from last week's chilli-garlic noodles, so I'll use it up on this.  I'm planning to have zero cabbage leftover between this meal and the sausage with cabbage.  Other than cabbage, I think I only need to buy green onions.

Veggie Pizza and Green Salad     
Yes, pizza twice this week.  I found a dough in my freezer.


Vegan Pad Thai 

Seitan & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice   

No comments:

Post a Comment