Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Meal Planning

None of the fried stuff ended up in the freezer. We ate it all within 48 hours. 


Time for meal planning. I didn't end up making the bok choy, so I still have that.  Here is what I have to use up: the previously mentioned bok choy, a couple cups of baby spinach, green cabbage, a few hamburger buns and hot dog buns, at least half a pound of spring greens, some homemade refried black beans, and all the other things necessary to make chilli-garlic noodles because I didn't make that yet either. Here is what I'm making:

 

Grilled Baby Bok Choy with Tamari and Chinese Mustard Sauce (Vedge, pg. 83) and  Garlic Sauteed Spinach and Random Sandwiches

Tuesday is usually a fast day for Sameer, so Sim and I will eat the veg (the spinach will presumably wilt to nothing) and either a black bean and cheese quesadilla for her (to use up the homemade refried black beans) or sandwiches for the main course (maybe cream cheese and cucumber tea sandwiches).  I'm planning to get some good sourdough bread while I'm out today.


Chilli-Garlic Noodles

 

Pav Bhaji

I can use the leftover hamburger/hot dog buns as the pav.

 

Vegan Irish Sausages and Colcannon (The No Meat Athlete Cookbook, pg. 164)

To utilize the remaining cabbage from the chilli-garlic noodles and extra potatoes from the pav bhaji. 


Creole Red Beans & Rice

I think I've got an extra green bell pepper in the fridge, so I could make this with what I've already got on hand. Maybe Saturday night.


Super Salad with Garlic Caesar Dressing & Hemp Hearts (The How Not to Die Cookbook, pg. 83) 

I'm going to make this dressing and see if I can use up the remaining spring greens having this salad for lunches.


No comments:

Post a Comment