Sunday, August 18, 2013

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  Here is what I have in the fridge to use up: a couple cups of steamed cubed sweet potato, 2 bunches kale, 4 avocados, and about half a pound of baby spinach.  Here is what I'm making:

Red Lentil and Squash Curry Stew
I've had only good luck so far with the recipes from OhSheGlows.com, so I'm trying another (or more) this week.  This will also allow me to use up some of my kale and the sweet potatoes (in place of the squash).

Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf and Wild Rice Pilaf and Green Banana Power Blended Salad
I'm making this mostly because I want something to go alongside wild rice pilaf, which Simran ate by the fat baby fistful the last time I made it despite its complete lack of any ingredients other than wild rice and water.  I'd also like to have a better meatless loaf recipe for the winter holidays.  The blended salad won't really go with this at all, but kale and walnut sauce seemed like too much walnut for one meal and those are pretty much the two leafy green vegetable dishes I have gotten Simran to eat in recent history.

Cheese & Veggie Quesadillas and Black Bean Salad

Vegan Po'Boy Sandwiches and Zucchini Cakes
Two fried sorts of things might not make for the best meal, but Sim liked the zucchini cakes the last time I made them, and they use essentially the same seasonings as the sandwich insides.  I figure I'll make fresh sandwich rolls for the po'boys and experiment with making the zucchini cakes vegan too (though I might just work around using eggs for now and try replacing the butter next time around).

Tofu Scramble and Green Banana Power Blended Salad and Carrot Spice Muffins
This seemed like a pleasant combo for brinner.  We haven't had tofu scramble in awhile, and I might even be able to include some homemade seitan that's currently taking up space in my freezer now that Simran has more than two teeth.  I'll just grind it in the food processor and get some herbs de provence to season it with.  The blended salad is one of my favorite things nowadays (plus Sim actually eats a few bites most times I make it), and the carrot muffins are a new-to-me vegan recipe I think we'll all enjoy.

Pita Pizzas and Green Banana Power Blended Salad
This is quick and easy and will use up the last of the feta in the fridge.

Arugula-Tomato-Green Onion Sandwiches and Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
Simran generally likes these sandwiches, so I think this will go okay and be pretty simple to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment