Sunday, June 30, 2013

Green Banana Power Blended Salad

This recipe comes from Joel Fuhrman's Disease-Proof Your Child.  I'm not sure if it will be really good or just horrifying, but it sounds interesting and includes things I like (especially medjool dates).  I'll probably omit the vinegar initially and only add it if the dish seems weird or lacking.  If I can even find black fig vinegar.  I have balsamic fig vinegar, but Fuhrman's book lists at least half a dozen vinegars I've never even heard of, let alone seen before.

Ingredients
2-3 oz. washed baby spinach
3-4 oz. washed romaine lettuce
1 banana
1/2 avocado
5 medjool dates
1 tbs black fig vinegar (optional)

Directions

1. Blend well into a smooth pudding-like consistency in the food processor, the Vita-Mix, or a powerful blender by shoving the lettuce down into the blades with a cucumber or carrot used as a plunging tool. Blending raw greens until smooth greatly increases the absorption of nutrients from our digestive tract, delivering a powerful nutrient punch.

[Edited 7/28/13:  It's quite good.  I've never included the vinegar.]

No comments:

Post a Comment