Monday, June 17, 2013

Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

I found this recipe on AllRecipes while looking for a really good, basic vinaigrette recipe to serve over salad greens.

Ingredients
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup raspberry wine vinegar (or another good quality vinegar of your choice)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
(I'm not sure why there is no salt in this recipe, unless there is enough in the mustard.  I'll add it to the list of ingredients when I figure out how much is necessary.  I also doubt there should be equal amounts oil and vinegar, based on the old vinaigrette adage I heard on 'Good Eats', but we'll see how it goes.  I'll probably only use 1/4 cup vinegar to start and add more to taste.)

Directions

1. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Shake well.

No comments:

Post a Comment