Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  We have essentially nothing perishable on hand since we spent the last week in Alabama, and I've got more meals than usual since I'm going to the store early this week.  A few dishes are new.  Here is what I plan to make:

Grilled Veggie Wrap with Garam Masala & Carrot Hummus and Black Bean and Citrus Salad

Vegan Green Goddess Dressing with Grilled Veggie Kabobs and Butter Bean & Basil Salad and Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf

Seitan & Veggie Stirfry and Brown Rice

Saag Tofu and Brown Basmati Rice 
I don't know how authentic this recipe is, but it lists things I can identify and already own, so it seems like one I should be able to handle.  It also looks pretty healthy.

Pudla with veggie dipping sauces (?) and Curry Pumpkin Soup
Sameer's aunt made some really good pudlas while we were in Alabama, with the onion and tomato and peas and I don't know what else all blended into the batter.  I'm going to attempt to make something similar and then serve it with some kind of mild dipping sauces to see if I can get Simran to eat it.  I think it would be really good with coconut chutney, which is one of my favorite things, and maybe a mild cilantro chutney with garlic too.  I wonder if I could make a dip from seasoned blended spinach or blended red bell peppers and maybe fire-roasted tomatoes in order to sneak more vegetables into Sim's diet.  She eats ketchup with a spoon.

Veggie Summer Rolls with Peanut Lime Sauce

Fresh Veggie Tacos and Red Cabbage Slaw and Slow-Cooker Refried Beans

Red Chile Cheese Enchiladas and Red Cabbage Slaw 

California Wraps and Garlic Broccoli
The wraps will use up the rest of the sprouts from the veggie tacos.  Hopefully the wraps I make for the grilled veggie wraps earlier in the week will work well enough I can use them for this too.  I haven't had much luck yet with making oil-free wraps or tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment