Sunday, January 15, 2012

Red Cabbage Slaw

I do not know anyone else who likes this salad as much as I do.  Ever since Sameer and I left Boston, I've been looking for a recipe for red cabbage slaw that resembles the side dish served with every meal at Brookline's Sol Azteca restaurant.  This is the closest I've ever come to recreating it (keeping in mind that I haven't had the real thing in years) and I make it with most of my Mexican-style dinners.

Ingredients
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt (substitute Forager plain unsweetened cashew yogurt to make it vegan)
1 tbs mayonnaise (substitute Vegannaise to make it vegan)
1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp celery salt

Wash and dry the cabbage.  In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.  Add as much or little of the dressing to the cabbage as you choose.  Stir, chill, and serve.  Keeps in refrigerator for a few days (I usually eat it all within two).

No comments:

Post a Comment