Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I have been putting off making a fresh batch of pizza dough, so the pizza I planned last week won't happen until this Friday.  Here is what I currently have in my fridge (or pantry) to use up:  quite a bit of celery, romaine lettuce, several pounds of carrots (not a huge rush, but that's a lot to have on hand), two tomatoes, an avocado, a half-pound of baby spinach (I pln to use this to make green shakes for breakfast), a couple organic broccoli crowns cut into florets, a whole mess of sweet potato skins that have been gutted of their meat (a la potato boats), and a bunch of corn tortillas.  Here's what I'm planning to make:

Veggie Pizza and Green Salad
I'll finally make the pizza dough tomorrow and then have pizza Friday (I like to give it 24 hours in the fridge to cure before using it).  I'll use up a tomato and the romaine lettuce on the salad.  I also have a fresh batch of ranch dressing in the fridge I could use on the salad.

Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino and Peas & Carrots 
I still have a bunch of cheese ravioli in my freezer and the better part of a brick of romano in the fridge.  I think I might even have some shallots in the pantry.  I pretty much just need the arugula.

Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips and Loaded Sweet Potato Skins and Stuffed Mushrooms with Remoulade Sauce and Green Salad
Simran has reached the point where she eats not only the tofu strips at dinner but the leftovers the next day for lunch, so I want to make them pretty much weekly.  It's one of the few non-cheese-based meals she really seems to like.  I haven't seen a recipe for sweet potato skins that looks appealing to me, so I'm just going to make one up.  I will brush them with the same seasoned oil I use on the regular potato skins.  I think diced tomatoes and green onions would be good in them, but I'm not sure what else.  I feel like they're too sweet to go well with cheese and need things to stand out against the sweetness.  I plan to serve them with the remoulade sauce.  I have a package of cream cheese that needs to be used in the next couple weeks, so I'll use that up on the stuffed mushrooms.

Bean Bolognese and Cinnamon Squash Chowder   
I haven't made this in awhile, but I can either set aside some of the pinto beans from making refried beans or use whatever canned beans are in the pantry.  The cinnamon squash chowder is leftover from last week and already thawing my fridge.

Tofu Po'Boy Sandwiches and Crudites with Homemade Ranch Dressing
I will already have the remoulade sauce from the loaded sweet potato skins, so I figured I'd make po'boys.  The side will use up the broccoli florets and some of the carrots from the fridge.

Taco Bowls
This will use up some of the corn tortillas without having to make enchiladas like I normally would.  I plan to stuff the taco bowls with homemade vegetarian refried beans, lettuce, green onions, cheese, fresh guacamole, and I'm not sure what else.

No comments:

Post a Comment