Friday, February 6, 2015

Meal Planning

Weekly meal planning time.  I wrote everything on a scrap of paper immediately before grocery shopping this week, and that's starting to prove inconvenient, so I now I have to write and link to everything here before I lose the paper.  Here is what I'm making, including some carry over:

Veggie Pizza and Green Salad

Tofu Provencal and Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf and Sauteed Dill Carrots 
Carry over from last week.

Chilli-Garlic Noodles 
I made this last week, but now I have mild chilli-garlic paste and half a green cabbage to use up, so I'm making it again.  And I just realized I forgot to buy green onions.


Seitan & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice
I skipped the stirfry the last week or two, so I've got everything pretty much prepped to go. 

Vegan Fried Chicken and Collard Greens with Almonds and Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Southern Fried Pickles and Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce
I bought collard greens because it's one of my favorite all-healthy dishes.  I have some chicken-style homemade seitans in the freezer and an entire bag of organic sweet potatoes I bought last week (it's the only way you can buy organic potatoes here without driving all the way to Whole Foods), so I decided to make a Southern themed dinner.  I know there are tons of ways to do sweet potatoes, but since they taste good plain, I plan to just bake them like I do russet potatoes and then gut them and whip the insides.  Or maybe I'll do that and save the skins to make baked sweet potato skins with some weird fillings.  Maybe red onion and tomato and some kind of tangy dipping sauce.  That sounds like a good idea.

I almost forgot.  I don't like to fry only one thing.  It feels like a waste of oil, so I'm also trying my hand at making my own southern fried pickles.  They were the best thing on the menu at a local restaurant full of fried things, and then they took them off the menu, effectively making it pointless for us to eat at their restaurant at all (it was the only thing I couldn't make better myself at home).

Garnet Yam & Avocado Panini 
I remember this sandwich being good the last time I made it, so I'm going to set aside a couple of sweet potatoes for making it.  This link has a slideshow that's supposed to be helpful.  I also found out ciabatta is really easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment