Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I need to make a new batch of seitans because I ran out a couple weeks ago, and we usually eat them at least once a week in something (planning to have them in both spinach lasagna and veggie stir-fry this week).  I also need to make a new batch of pizza dough.  The recipe I use makes enough for three pizzas.  Here is what I have to use up this week:  one ripe avocado, half a green cabbage shredded, a couple crowns of organic broccoli, the better part of a 3-lb bag of organic russet potatoes, and about three shredded carrots.  Here is what I'm making:

Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayo and Crudites with Homemade Ranch Dip
My meals are getting redundant, but I don't see the problem in making what I like, as long as it's relatively healthy and no one in the house seems to mind.  We still have burgers in the freezer and leftover chipotle mayo in the fridge from last week.  I already have the broccoli and the yogurt for the ranch dip too, so this will use up a lot of things, including the avocado.  I just need to buy whole wheat hamburger buns, red onion, lettuce, and tomato.  I've been using up a lot of red onion, lettuce, and tomato lately making green salads as sides.

Vegetable Biryani and Dal Makhani
I didn't get around to making this last week, so I'm making it tomorrow.

Veggie Pizza and Green Salad

Chilli-Garlic Noodles  
I usually make this two weeks in a row on account of needing to use up the leftover half cabbage quickly.  I also have the carrots already shredded and the milder chile-garlic paste already in the fridge, leftover from last week.  I think I just need some chopped green onions to make this dish.

Pav Bhaji
This will use up the hamburger buns I need to buy for the black bean burgers.  It will also use up a couple of the potatoes in the pantry.  I only used half a tablespoon or so of pav bhaji masala last time and it was still spicier than anticipated -- a good amount of spice for me, but too much for Simran.  I think I'll try it with just a teaspoon of pav bhaji masala this time. 

Spinach Lasagna  and Peas & Carrots

Seitan & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment