Sunday, December 17, 2017

Meal Planning

I need to clear out the fridge to make room for Christmas dinner.  I stuck to the meal plan pretty closely last week.  I think today I'll delay the previously planned pav bhaji and do leftovers instead.

Burgers / Sandwiches and Leftover Sides
We have an entire package of whole wheat hamburger buns (more than we need for the pav bhaji), plus at least a couple Gardein burgers and homemade black bean burgers in the freezer.  The fridge is still playing host to leftover broccoli soup, beefless stew, pasta salad, and fresh broccoli florets and homemade ranch dip.  I also have the innards of several baked potatoes from making potato skins last night.  I also have a pint or more of cremini mushrooms I didn't prepare in time for the pizza that I can saute and eat plain.  I think this will be a good dinner plan for today.

Pav Bhaji

Vegan Mac 'n Cheese and Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
Making this again to use up the vegan cheese sauce I made last week.  This will be a good meal for late in the week because it's easy and tasty.

Tofu & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice

Dal Makhani and Basmati Rice
Using up the rest of the can of coconut milk I had to open for the vegan cheese sauce.  Most of the work on the dal makhani will be done by morning, so I think I might make this tomorrow's dinner since Sameer and I will be out most of the day while Simran is at school.

Vegan Shepherd's Pie
My main goal here is to use up some of the other vegetables in my fridge and freezer.  I have celery, carrots, and then corn and green beans and peas in the freezer.

Loaded Nachos

No comments:

Post a Comment