Sunday, June 23, 2024

Meal Planning

I've got a lot of random little things in the fridge to use up: arugula, spinach, sliced white mushrooms, an heirloom tomato, pesto mayo, spicy red sauce for falafels, a mixture of radicchio and iceberg lettuce, mozzarella pearls, a package of feta, microgreens, nonfat Greek yogurt, a cucumber, cooked chickpeas and an avocado. It's not going to be quite as hot this week (mostly highs in the 80s, some lower, one or two days higher), so I won't be concentrating as hard to avoiding using the stove. Sameer is planning to implement alternate day fasting this week, so I'm not sure how exactly this will go since cooking on nights when he doesn't eat can yield way too many leftovers. Here is what I'm making:



Falafel (plus Red Sauce and Hummus) and Greek Salad

The yogurt sauce will use up the nonfat Greek yogurt and cucumber. We can use up the last of the red sauce I made last time. I can make hummus from the already cooked chickpeas in the fridge and Greek salad from the feta. I just need to cook more chickpeas and buy more cucumbers, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, pita bread, and parsley. I air-fried the falafel in the Breville last time and it turned out really well.


Brinner with Omelets and Pancakes

I have a bunch of pancakes and some veggie sausages in the freezer. I just need to buy some eggs for this dinner, and the omelets will use up some cheese and random veg from the fridge. This one involves turning the stovetop on for a few minutes, so I'll do it on a cooler night.


Garden Pretzel Sandwiches and Easy Bean Salad


Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino and Italian Chopped Salad

I already have a shallot and arugula, and I can also throw my fresh spinach in here. I just need the cheese ravioli.


California Wrap

Because we all like it and it finishes off the yogurt sauce from the falafel.


Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment