Tuesday, June 11, 2024

No Cook Meals for Hot Summer Nights

I'm compiling a list of things I can make when it's hot outside so I don't heat up the house even more. Right now it's only June and we're looking at highs in the 80s and 90s for the foreseeable future, according to the weather app. Our first summer here, it only got that hot for one week. Here are some things I already make and like:


Veggie Summer Rolls


Garden Pretzel Sandwiches


Fresh Veggie Tacos with Fresh Guacamole


California Wrap


Vegan Seafood Salad


Greek Salad


Hearty Veggie Hoagies    


Tofu Salad Sandwiches


Indian Potato/Tomato/Cucumber Sandwiches

I can steam the potatoes in the Instant Pot, which keeps its heat pretty well contained and also keeps them from getting dried out like microwaving them does.


Here are some recipes I haven't tried yet but would like to:


Red Curry Tempeh Summer Rolls


Vegan Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce


Tofu Mango Summer Rolls with Makhani Sauce


Cold Soba Noodle Salad

If I use rice noodles, they can cook in standing boiling water from the tea kettle. No stove needed at all.


Vegetable Sushi


Kachumber Salad

This seems good to serve alongside curries.


Easy Bean Salad

I like that I could theoretically use any of my random Rancho Gordo Beans.


Big Italian Salad


Epic Summer Salad


51 Salad Recipes

A lot of these look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment