Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Cherry Chocolate Chia Pudding

This is probably my favorite healthy dessert.  The original recipe, which I've barely personalized, comes from Dr. Michael Greger's How Not to Die Cookbook.  The link above includes an error in the amount of berries.  The version in the book calls for 500% more berries and, as I've made this many times now, I am confident the book version is correct.  Sometimes I double this recipe to use a whole avocado (and because I can eat a lot of this), but it's hard to fit that much in a Vitamix blender or any container I own.

Ingredients
1/2 ripe Haas avocado
1 1/4 cup pitted sweet dark cherries (I get them from the freezer section)
3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbs almond butter
1/2 cup date syrup (This syrup is another HNTD recipe -- 1 cup pitted dates soaked in 1 cup hot water for 1 hour, then blend on high speed with 1 tsp pureed lemon.)
1 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/4 cup chia seeds

Directions 

1) Combine everything but chia seeds in high speed blender and blend smooth.

2) Stir in chia seeds by hand.

3) Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.


To Make Fudgsicles:

1) Omit chia seeds.  Combine everything in high speed blender until smooth.

2) Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment