Monday, April 22, 2013

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  Here are the leftovers I have to use up:  broccoli florets, a sweet potato, a yellow and a green bell pepper, extra firm cubed tofu, a yellow squash.  Here is what I'm making:

Thai Green Curry with Brown Rice
I already have all the ingredients for this because Sameer and I had planned to make it a couple days ago while his parents were here.

Black Bean Oatmeal Burgers on Whole Wheat Buns and Kale with Walnut Sauce
These are tasty little burgers, Simran eats them, and we haven't had them in awhile.  She's recently taken a liking to the kale in walnut sauce too.

Creamy Avocado & White Bean Wraps with Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
Sameer and I really like this and it includes a couple different components Simran can eat.  I also have a bag of frozen organic broccoli in the freezer this will use up.

Black Bean Nacho Pizza and Kale with Walnut Sauce
We all like this pizza (including Simran, who always gets her own tiny slice and has liked every variety of pizza she has ever tried) and we already have most of the ingredients for it. 

Arugula/Tomato/Green Onion Sandwich and Vegetable Barley Soup
This sandwich recipe is new to me, from Caldwell Esselstyn's book.  It should use some of the tomato and green onion we'll already have on hand for other recipes this week, as well as some of the Ezekiel 4:9 brand sprouted grain flax bread in the freezer that I haven't bothered trying yet.  The sandwich also includes no-tahini hummus, which Simran always likes.  The soup is one I've been making for years.

Penne alla Vodka
I haven't really made this dish since Simran started eating solids, but since we now let her have dairy occasionally, Sameer suggested we finally make it again.  We already have the veg Italian sausage, vodka sauce, penne rigate, and a yellow squash.  It will use up whatever broccoli is left over after making Thai green curry and stirfry.

No comments:

Post a Comment