Monday, April 29, 2013

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  This week I have the following to use up:  a red and a green bell pepper, a bunch of arugula, an avocado, and a crown of broccoli.

Arugula-Feta Pita Pizzas
This is just the spinach and feta pita bake made with leftover arugula instead of spinach.  It will use up my leftover feta and arugula.  If I don't have enough feta, I'll use the remnants of smoked mozzarella in my fridge too.

Artichoke-Bean Pitas and Almost All-Orange Soup
The soup recipe is new to me.  I made the artichoke-bean pitas once before and they turned out pretty goodThis should use up the pitas leftover from the pita pizzas, and I think I'll serve the leftover avocado in the pitas too.

Catalan Sauteed Polenta with Spinach and Butter Beans
I haven't made this in awhile, I think Simran will like it (though the butter beans and spinach may require food processing for her), and it will use up some more of the spinach I need to buy for the almost all-orange soup.

Tofu Scramble and Kale with Walnut Sauce
We took one week off from making the tofu scramble, but I'm ready to have it again.  It's quick and easy and Simran eats all the leftovers.  I'm considering making some kind of pancakes or crepes as dessert.  Depends on how much time I have that afternoon.

Gnocchi with Spinach and White Beans
This should use up any remaining spinach.

Vegetable and Tofu Stir-fry
This will use up the cubed tofu already in my fridge, whatever is left of the bell peppers, and at least some of the broccoli.

Black Bean Burgers with sides of Whipped Sweet Potatoes (or maybe sweet potato fries) and Kale with Walnut Sauce
I was looking for some kind of bean patty recipe and I came across this one on AllRecipes.  It has really good reviews.  I'm not sure what else I'll do with this meal since I had originally been planning on just patties, not burgers on buns.


No comments:

Post a Comment