Thursday, June 19, 2014

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I have a couple carry-overs from last week.  I've also been scouting for some new recipes, and I saw some that made grilling tofu and kabobs look appealing, so I bought a cast iron grill pan in an effort to cheat.  I made a lot of new stuff last week (granola bars, whole wheat tortillas, healthy fudgsicles, more kale chips, vegan fried chicken) that I still need to post on here.

Cheese Pizza
I didn't end up making this last week at all since it got hot and the A/C broke.  I plan to make it in the upcoming week on one of the days that maxes out in the low 70s.

Coconut-Crusted Tofu with Peach-Lemongrass Salsa and Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice
I plan to make this tomorrow night.  Couldn't find the cilantro I thought I bought last week, and it threw off everything.

Tandoori Tofu and Grilled Veggie Kabobs with Vegan Green Goddess Dressing and Spelt Flatbread
I'm going to use my new grill pan for this.

Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff and Broccoli with Garlic
I haven't made this in ages, and I have leftover mushrooms and lite sour cream from making fajitas last week.  If I buy button mushrooms for the kabobs, this should use up any leftovers from that too.  Instead of egg noodles, I think I'll just get the widest whole wheat noodles I can find, like fettuccine.

Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino and Watermelon Gazpacho
I was considering making my own ravioli, but I'm not sure if I can successfully do whole grain or skip the eggs, which is sort of the point of making it myself, and it's a lot of work to roll out all that pasta.  Frozen ravioli isn't very good though.  Mostly I want to make this weird gazpacho from the half watermelon sitting my fridge. [Edited 6/22/2014: I couldn't find any decent ravioli at the store, so I'm going to make them from this filling and this pasta dough.]

Loaded Spinach Salad and Grilled Cheese
The grilled cheese feels like a cop out nutrition-wise, but it's one of my favorites, and the grilled veggie wrap I started to put here just didn't go with a spinach salad.  And I really want this spinach salad.

Fresh Veggie Tacos and Slow-Cooker Refried Beans
I'll make another batch of whole wheat tortillas for this, and some slow-cooker refried beans.  I discovered last week that adding a few spoonfuls of prepared garlic salsa to the bean blend makes it into an amazing bean dip, and I just want an excuse to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment