Sunday, April 17, 2016

Meal Planning

This week is Simran's birthday.  I haven't been cooking to plan much recently, so I have quite a few non-perishable ingredients getting backed up.  I've spent the last four hours making macarons for Sim's birthday party.  A lot of it is wait time, but it's still the most temperamental recipe I've ever worked with.  God willing they will freeze nicely and thaw well as the internet claims they do.  I plan to thaw them Friday, ice the cupcakes, and then fill the macarons with the same vanilla buttercream and keep them in the fridge until the party Saturday.  They aren't the prettiest -- I still can't get them uniformly flat and shiny, and I think I whipped the egg whites longer than I was supposed to -- but they taste really good.  Dinner time is in 45 minutes and I really don't feel like cooking anymore.  Here is what I'm hoping to make and get rid of this week:

Cheese Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino Romano
I noticed a wedge of Romano in the fridge and decided to make this.  Unfortunately it required me to buy a pound of arugula -- the only size package available at the store -- and might have been a terrible idea what with my already full refrigerator.

Tofu & Veggie Stirfry with Brown Rice

No Huevos Rancheros with Pea Guacamole

Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup and Vegan Mac 'n Cheese and Chik'n Tenders

Gardein Cheeseburgers and Crudites
Planning to save this one for Thursday, the night before Sameer's parents arrive, just to keep it simple and keep the kitchen relatively clean.  It's Sim's birthday, so I guess I'll make her a veggie dog in the hopes she'll actually eat something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment