Sunday, December 10, 2023

Nail Strengthening Cuticle Oil

Non-edible recipe. My nails have always been pretty thin and bent too easily, so awhile back I started trying out oils and polishes that are meant to strengthen them. This is what has worked best for me. 


Ingredients

2 tbs olive oil

1/2 tsp jojoba oil (or sweet almond oil)

1/2 tsp vitamin E oil

6 drops lavender essential oil

6 drops lemon essential oil


Directions

1) Mix together all the ingredients and store them in a small glass bottle with dropper. 

2) Apply a drop to each cuticle/nail (and optionally to the backs of your hands as well for moisturizing purposes) before bed and rub it in. 


I've been using this daily for a couple months now and my nails grow significantly longer now without chipping or peeling. Also, the skin on my hands hasn't gotten dried out yet this year and it's December. Compare with past years when I moisturized with petroleum jelly and still got dry, cracked skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment