Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Meal Planning

Autumn is finally here! Highs this week will be in the 60s and 70s, so I can just open the windows and cook whatever I want without fear of heating up the house too much. Here is what I have to use up: the plant-based dumplings we all love that I found on sale, some baby spinach. Here is what I'm making:


Ready-to-Eat Meal from Patel Brothers

Sameer has an eye appointment in Naperville this afternoon, so we're going to stop at Patel Bros to restock, and one of the things we'll buy is a selection of dishes from the hot foods bar (usually kadai paneer, dal makhani, and palak paneer, plus a bunch of samosas). Sameer can make some rice at home while I take Simran to and from her voice lesson. I'll also get some garlic naan and onion kulcha from the freezer section to just heat up in the toaster oven.


Dumplings with Dipping Sauce and Crunchy Asian Slaw

I made the slaw with all red cabbage last week because I had some to use up, and we just didn't eat as much of it. I think it's better with green. It's just more lettuce-like and less work to chew.


Air Fryer Tofu with Rice and leftover Crunchy Asian Slaw

Sameer suggested doing the tofu again because everyone likes it. I could theoretically just serve the slaw again to use it up. 


Red Chile Enchiladas 


Idli-Sambar

This dish is always a hit, plus Sameer's mom is here to make coconut chutney properly. Plus it's a thick, warm soup in autumn, and it's healthy, so I like all that. Lots of prep time though, both for soaking and fermenting the batter and for making the vegetable stock to make into soup.


Chilli-Garlic Noodles

To use up the cabbage, or at least some of it. Next week probably.


Vegetable Manchow Soup

As a side. Maybe. To finish off the cabbage. Can't do this while we have sambar though. Cannot house two leftover soups at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment