Sunday, October 27, 2013

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  Since I didn't end up cooking a few nights last week, there were a few meals I didn't end up making that I'm carrying over to this week.  The breaded tofu strips etc. will be today.  They should leave some nice leftovers that Simran might actually eat for lunch tomorrow.  Here is what is currently in my fridge (not including the ingredients that will get used up when I finish making meals originally intended for last week):  some Italian parsley, a sweet potato and a half, a crown of broccoli, and a couple containers of tofu of varied firmness.

Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips and Winter Squash Mac 'n Cheeze and Buffalo Hummus with Celery Sticks and Green Peas
I used up the fresh spinach I had, so I'm just making a side of peas to have something green with this tonight.  And maybe the crown of broccoli to go with the celery and hummus.

Spicy Vegetable Curry

Tofu Scramble and Green Banana Power Blended Salad and some kind of healthy muffins or oat-based pancakes

Easy Healthy Veggie Pizza and Beets & Beet Greens

Red Lentil & Squash Curry Stew
I wanted to focus on more bean and lentil meals this week since so many things I've made lately feature tofu for their protein.  This is a tasty meal we've had before.  It will use up whatever squash or sweet potato or pumpkin I have leftover in my fridge.

Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash with Black Bean Guacamole
I've never made spaghetti squash before, but other people swear by it, and this recipe looked okay and inexpensive to make.

Maple Baked Lentils with Sweet Potato and Collard Greens with Almonds
This recipe will use up any remaining sweet potato on hand.  I'll serve it alongside the whole grain sandwich rolls currently in my freezer.

Spaghetti Marinara with Veggie Meatballs & Ground Seitan
I'm just making whole wheat spaghetti and serving it with a jar of marinara that has some ground, seasoned seitan and the last of the frozen veggie meatballs from Trader Joe's and some chopped spinach in it.  This will be quick and easy for a night when I don't want to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment