Thursday, January 1, 2015

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I haven't done real meal planning or grocery shopping since before Christmas, so Sim and I are going to the store tomorrow.  I'm mostly using up ingredients I already have on hand this week.  Here is what I'm making:


Tofu Provencal and Brown Basmati Rice Pilaf and Sauteed Dill Carrots
The only thing I need to buy to make this is a jar of capers.

Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips and Winter Squash Mac 'n Cheeze and Garlic Sauteed Spinach
I think I'll end up making this tonight because I have all the ingredients on hand, and it will yield some nice leftovers to feed Simran for lunch tomorrow.  I have almost a full pound of baby spinach in the fridge that needs to be used soon too, hence the sauteed spinach recipe.

Tempeh/Lettuce/Tomato Sandwiches and Leftover Cinnamon Squash Chowder     
I made Cinnamon Squash Chowder last week and put the copious leftovers in the freezer.  I also found tempeh bacon at Whole Foods for the first time in months, so I'm going to make TLTs on whole wheat toast simply because I like them.  This will be a good weekend meal since it takes almost no effort.  I just need to buy a couple tomatoes.

Brie/Arugula/Tomato Baguette Sandwiches and Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
Sameer asked me to buy brie for our New Years Eve cheese-and-olives snacking, and now we have a ton leftover.  I just need to buy a package of arugula and a couple more tomatoes for this meal.  I'll make the baguettes myself.

Rigatoni alla Anthony and Green Salad
Since the sauteed spinach recipe will probably use up my remaining baby spinach, I'll just buy a fresh pound of it for making this rigatoni as well as green breakfast shakes (hands down the easiest way to make Simran ingest a green leafy vegetable).  I'll use leftover arugula to make the green salad and just make a simple vinaigrette to go with it (I'm going to try this one with some dried oregano and basil sprinkled in).  I also need to buy whole wheat rigatoni or penne or whatever the closest pasta shape is that I can find in whole grain form.  If I have leftover baguette from the brie sandwiches, I will serve it either with some seasoned olive oil for dipping or maybe toast them and serve them as artichoke crostini like La Dolce Vita used to make, or maybe serve them with homemade olive tapenade.

Seitan & Veggie Stirfry and Brown Rice
I always have the ingredients on hand for stir-fry.  I am out of homemade seitan, but there is plenty of cubed tofu in the freezer, as well as veggies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment