Thursday, January 15, 2015

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  We got takeout once last week and made something unplanned another day, so I have a bit of carry over and a whole lot of repetition.  Here is what I'm making:

Ravioli with Arugula & Pecorino and Peas & Carrots
When I got out the arugula to make this last week, it was not in good shape, so now I have everything but the arugula left to use up.  I'm just gonna buy some arugula and make it this week.

Seitan & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice
This is easy and healthy, so I make it pretty much every week.  I can usually even get Simran to eat the broccoli and the rice, though the baby corn seems to weird her out.

Stuffed Veggie Burritos and Cilantro-Lime Rice
What I did for these last week that worked well was made the seven-layer tortilla pie a day or two before and then just reheated the leftover beans that didn't get used in that, and blended them into refried-style beans with an immersion blender.  I used the beans, rice, shredded cheese, fresh guacamole, lettuce, and tomato in the burritos.

Seven-Layer Tortilla Pie
I bought two packages of whole wheat tortillas at Trader Joe's last week so I could make this, and now I have a package and a half of tortillas left that I don't expect to stay good for long.  I really like this meal, so I'm just making it again.  Same with the burritos.

Saag Tofu and Brown Basmati Rice
I'm going to make this today since I haven't gotten around to it yet on last week's meal plan.  If the spinach in the fridge is still good, I'll use it up on this.  If it's not, I'll just use frozen.


Veggie Pizza and Green Salad

Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayo and Sweet Potato Fries
I have burgers in the freezer and chipotle mayo and sliced provolone and an avocado in the fridge, so this seemed like an easy choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment