Sunday, March 27, 2016

Meal Planning

I want to get back in the habit of cooking enough that we don't do takeout most weeks, not even once.  Takeout is not that good around here, certainly not good enough to justify how unhealthy it is.  The key to this seems to be doing an enormous amount of meal prep, mostly chopping things, on Sunday afternoon so weekday meal prep doesn't require more energy than I have.

Broccoli Cheeze Twice Baked Potatoes and Collard Greens with Almonds

Tex-Mex Burgers with Avocado and Green Salad 

Tofu & Veggie Stir-fry and Brown Rice
When I ran out of peanut oil a couple weeks ago, I started cooking the stir-fry in low-sodium vegetable broth instead.  I still season it with maybe a teaspoon of sesame oil because I still have two bottles of that, but it's a much lower oil content overall with no discernible flavor difference.  Sameer said the one cooked in broth tasted better before I told him what I'd done differently.

No-Huevos Rancheros
I love huevos rancheros and have been cutting back on eggs (plus Sim would never eat the authentic and spicy recipe I used to use), so this sounded good to try.

Pav Bhaji 
I have a whole bag of organic russet potatoes to use.

Homemade Veggie Dogs and Vegan Mac 'n Cheese and Crudites or Salad

Other things I want to make soon, but not necessarily this week:
Lentil-Walnut Pate  (it looks like the lentils she references from Trader Joe's are the small green French ones, of which I have tons dried, and I'm always looking for new and tasty ways to use lentils)
Vegan Spring Rolls 
Oven-Baked Plantains with Coconut Dipping Sauce
Vegan Pesto over Spiralized Summer Squash and Cherry Tomatoes (when I have a basil plant in full bloom again)
Simple Tomato Cucumber & Red Onion Salad (when I have a cherry tomato plant in full bloom again) 

No comments:

Post a Comment