Monday, April 27, 2020

Meal Planning

I went grocery shopping on Friday because we ran out of greens and were running low on other things.  I only sort of planned for what I'd make before I went since planning really well still means struggling to use the fresh stuff before it goes bad and then making the recipes that don't require fresh veg. 

This week I'm planning to order a produce box from a local place that delivers such things (you don't get to choose what they include, but if someone will bring fresh produce to my house, I can use whatever) and the next time we need groceries (next week?) I'm planning to order from Instacart again since they will bring things from the Mariano's in Naperville, which carries rice paper wrappers as well as one of the few kinds of coffee Sameer will drink, unlike any stores in our town.  Here is what I'm planning to make:

Idli-Sambar
Making this today because my older container of cashew yogurt has a best by date of Tuesday and I want to finish it off.

Hearty Veggie Hoagies
Assuming the cucumber in my fridge is still good, I will try baking some sourdough baguettes (I'm increasing my sourdough growth and usage to save yeast, which was completely out of stock at the grocery store Friday) and make these sandwiches.

Chilli-Garlic Noodles
I ran across a small container of homemade chilli-garlic paste cleaning out the fridge last week, so I bought a cabbage, green bell pepper, and some green onions to make this. 

Vegetable Manchurian with Basmati Rice
To use up any cabbage, green onion, and bell pepper not used up in the chilli-garlic noodles. 

Pasta Primavera with Pesto Alfredo  
This would use up the last of the half-and-half from the ice cream making.  The ingredients for this will keep for awhile, so this one is not urgent.

Creole Red Beans & Rice

I can still make this whenever.  Still haven't made it yet.


Penne alla Vodka 

I can make this whenever.  

I also have the ingredients on hand to make pizza, tofu pot pie, vegan shepherd's pie, DIY sandwiches, and spaghetti & meatless balls.  I also bought some TVP that will allegedly allow me to make good vegan breakfast sausage patties.  I could make biscuits or pancakes or something if we wanted to turn it into an eggless brinner night.

No comments:

Post a Comment