Monday, July 5, 2021

Buddha Bowl


 

This recipe comes from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook, pg. 89.  I love it so much.  I eat it for lunch most days because it makes me feel good and it's got tons of protein and fiber and vegetables.  It takes a little time to make the sauce and marinade and BROL and bake the tofu, but I only do that once a week or so and it only takes a couple minutes to compile on the other days.  The recipe below includes my notes. 


Ingredients:

1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice (I use BROL here. Just make it once and use it for the week.)

4 oz tofu or tempeh (I use tofu marinated and baked in B-Savory Sauce.)

1/4 cup Korean Tahini BBQ Sauce

2 cups mixed baby greens 

1/2 cup shredded carrots

1/2 cup mung bean sprouts (I haven't tried this with mung bean sprouts yet but I use homegrown broccoli sprouts in their place.  Any sprouts or microgreens would be good here.)

1/2 cup sauerkraut or kimchi (I use the vegan variety of Mother In Law's Kimchi.  It's in the vegan section of a couple grocery stores around here.)

1/2 avocado, sliced

Sesame or hemp seeds (optional.  I've been meaning to try this with nigella seeds.  Not sure yet if it'll be good.)

 

Directions:

1) Dole out your grains, tofu, and sauce onto a large plate and microwave for about 90 seconds.  

2) Pile everything else on top.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment