Monday, February 28, 2022

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I'll probably go grocery shopping tomorrow.  Here is what I currently have on hand to use up:  one green bell pepper, a pound of baby spinach, 14 oz organic white mushrooms, a few remaining hamburger buns, a loaf of sourdough, and a couple pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes.  Here is what I'm making:


Creole Red Beans & Brown Rice

This is tonight.  The red beans are cooking in the InstantPot right now.  It'll use up the diced red bell pepper in my freezer and part of the green bell pepper in my fridge, as well as the rest of the red onion currently in my fridge.  This is a tasty, easy, healthy dish that even Simran loves, so I make it often.


Five Guys-Style Veggie Sandwiches with Cheese

I don't know what Sim will make of this, but Sameer and I like them.  I've never made this myself before, but it seems easy enough based on having eaten the sandwich from the restaurant.  Maybe I can make baked seasoned fries from some of the potatoes too.  The sandwiches will use up the rest of the green bell pepper, some of the mushrooms, and some onion, as well as the remaining hamburger buns from when we did veggie burgers the other day.  Again, I already have everything I need to make these.


Vegan Chana Pulao

This looks and sounds good, so I want to try it.  It'll also utilize bunch of random vegetables I have on hand in my fridge and freezer.  I also have a couple containers of good cashew yogurt on hand that'll work for this.

 

Jalapeno Popper Melts

Because it'll use up a good portion of the sourdough loaf and also because I love it.  Maybe Friday or Saturday.

 

Chickpea Flour Omelette

I might do this one of the nights it's just me and Sim.  Or save it for next week.  It would use up some more of the baby spinach though, and I have everything already on hand.

 

Vegan Breakfast Burritos

I also like having these ingredients on hand for a comfort food lunch, so maybe I'll make these one night for Sim and me.  I could use up the potatoes on these.  And if I also make pancakes, I can call it "brinner" and Sim will get excited no matter what.  I would also make sausages


Cherry Sorbet

Because I love this and haven't made it in a long time.  Also I'm trying to lose weight, and having healthy sweet treats on hand helps keep me from eating much more calorie-laden foods.  I'll probably make mango sorbet (from canned unsweetened mango pulp) again later in the week too because Sim loves it so much and it's easy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment