Friday, February 18, 2022

My Favorite Grilled Cheese

This is based on the grilled cheese sandwich recipe from Woody's Lunchbox at Disney's Hollywood Studios.  I just tweaked it a bit to make it more to my liking.  It tastes to me like very cheesy garlic bread, but in sandwich form.  And it's so rich that it makes me actually want tomato soup with it.


Ingredients

2 slices sourdough bread 

1 oz. cream cheese

1-2 slices mozzarella (depending on size and thickness -- you want a consistent layer of each cheese across the sandwich)

1-2 slices extra sharp cheddar

1-2 tbs garlic mayo (I make this by putting a bunch of garlic in my food processor with some Vegannaise)


Directions

1) Heat a skillet over medium heat.

2) Apply a thin layer of garlic mayo to one side of each slice of bread.  You don't want too much because it can blacken rather than increase the flavor.  Lay one slice on the hot skillet, mayo side down.

3) Layer cream cheese, mozzarella, and cheddar evenly onto the bread.  Top with the remaining slice of bread, mayo side facing out.

4) When the cheese begins to melt, flip the sandwich.  Cook until both sides are browned to your liking and cheese inside is melty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment