Monday, January 29, 2024

Meal Planning

I've got some ingredients to use up. Some of them are things I've been working on for AWHILE and some of which are leftover from Sameer's birthday. Here is what I've got: green bell pepper (some diced with onion and another whole one), spinach, half-and-half, reduced fat milk, buttermilk, 10 eggs, and about a cup of Greek yogurt. Here is what I'm making:


Red Beans & Rice 

To use my surplus of bell peppers (fresh and frozen) and start on the small red beans from my latest Rancho Gordo Bean box. I already have all the ingredients.


Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans

I already made some black beans, so this will be extra easy. I already have all the ingredients.


Sausage/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Biscuits

To use up some eggs and buttermilk. It's not healthy, but it's one of my favorite things to eat. I have all the ingredients.


Chilli-Garlic Noodles

To use the whole green bell pepper. I need a cabbage and green onion to make this meal. This is not the best choice for "using things up," but chilli-garlic noodles and air fryer tofu both sound really good. Maybe Friday night since Simran will be at a sleepover and she doesn't love this meal.


Air Fryer Tofu with Rice and Crunchy Asian Slaw

Because I'll need another way to use up cabbage. I just need green onions and cilantro to make this meal. And a new jar of Vegannaise.


Vegetarian Chili and Cornbread

To use up some more buttermilk and Rancho Gordo Beans.


Spinach/Cheese/Whatever Else I Need to Use Up Omelets and Lemon Coconut Chia Muffins

I could make a huge batch of pancakes to freeze too if I have buttermilk leftover at this point.


Edited 2/4/24 to add:

Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup

Because the lemon coconut chia muffins involved opening a can of coconut milk. I actually used a scant amount of coconut cream that needed to go because of its expiration date, so I'll use the rest of the can, thinned out with broth, for the soup.


Spiced Spinach Tofu Stir-Fry and Brown Basmati Rice and Garlic Naan

I just need spinach and cilantro to make this meal. I have frozen naan and plain yogurt that I could use up.


Scones

Because I still have buttermilk to use up before its expiration date, and I have an unopened jar of clotted cream with an expiration date later this month. Maybe I'll make Cucumber Tea Sandwiches and a salad or side dish and turn this whole thing into an afternoon tea themed dinner. Maybe I'll make this arugula as a side dish with everything but the ravioli. I've done that before and it's pretty good. And I can make a pot of decaf black rose tea from the decaf tea and rose petals I have on hand.


I'm making the red beans & rice tonight, and I still have the chilli-garlic noodles and veg chili left from my original meal plan. These additions should get us through the end of the week. Next Sunday will center around Super Bowl food. Maybe a 7-layer dip or something.


Next I'll need to make sandwiches and soup to use up some of the ingredients in my fridge and freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment