Saturday, February 17, 2024

Saturday Night Dinner

Simran got home from a sleepover having discovered a new love of baked mac 'n cheese, so we're making a sort of junk food dinner featuring baked mac 'n cheese. I bought so many dinnertime components -- way more than I'd usually take on on a Saturday night -- that I've listed them here just so I can keep track of everything. Sim is going to be point person for the baked mac 'n cheese because she's gotten very competent at food prep and cooking in recent months. Here is what we're making tonight:


Baked Macaroni & Cheese


Pan-Steamed Asparagus with Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise

Because asparagus was on sale for cheap at the store today.


Seared French Beans with Caper Bagna Cauda

Because there were French beans at the store. In hindsight, I'm wondering if I have enough capers for both of these vegetable dishes.


Impossible BBQ Wings 

From the freezer section.


Cheddar Bay Biscuits 

From the freezer section because I had a coupon and they just sounded like an appealing junk food for a Saturday night.


Sparkling Pear Cider

Might as well list it. I bought way too much food.

No comments:

Post a Comment