Monday, March 22, 2021

Meal Planning

Time to order groceries again.  Here is my meal plan for the week:


French Onion Skillet Lasagna

Everyone in the house likes French onion flavor. [Edited 3/26/21: I made this last night and forgot to take a picture (as I so often to) but it was very good.  Will make again.]

 

Vegan Quesadillas with Walnut Taco Meat

On the off chance I can entice Simran to enjoy a vegan quesadilla since she eats a bean and cheese quesadilla for lunch most days.

 

Instant Pot Teriyaki Fried Rice 

Because I'm always interested in new fried rice recipes.  Especially healthy, easy ones.

 

Black Bean Soup and Jalapeno Popper Chickpea Salad

The sandwiches were good last time and the soup sounds good and healthy.


[Edited 3/26/21: I made the sandwich into a jalapeno popper melt.  I put Earth Balance vegan butter on the outsides of the sourdough bread slices, then filled them with the jalapeno popper salad, a layer of pickled jalapeno slices, and a thin layer of Daiya brand vegan havarti with jalapeno.  Then I grilled it in a skillet until the buttered sides were brown.  It was so good, like a jalapeno popper in sandwich form.  Simran complained about the spiciness of the soup because she still has low spice tolerance, but it was very good and not very spicy.]


Vegan Malai Kofta

I think I made this once before.  It was really good and indistinguishable from restaurant malai kofta.

 

Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta Bake

Because it was good when I made it a week or two ago and I need a way to use up the spinach I'm ordering.  Plus there's always a surplus of pasta in the pantry.


One Pot Peanut Sauce Noodles

Because I love it so much and there are never any leftovers.


Lunches:

I've been looking for some high protein, whole grain, veggie-heavy lunches I could make for myself.  But they also need some kind of sauce to be palatable to me.  The soba noodles jumped out because I have some soba noodles in the pantry.  It also seems good for summer since it's cold.  I plan to make the Buddha bowl fixins this week.  It sounded appealing because it's so hearty and healthy but also has Korean chile flavors in the sauce and marinade and I discovered last year that I love gochujang.

Cold Soba Noodle Salad

Buddha Bowl from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment