Monday, March 29, 2021

Meal Planning

Time to order groceries.  We don't really need them just yet, but Simran wants hearty veggie hoagies for our picnic lunch at the tallgrass prairie tomorrow, so I need supplies for that.  Here is what I'm making in the immediate future (most of it is just meals we could make from what we already have on hand):

 

 Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta Bake

Definitely making this tonight because I didn't get around to it last week and I want to use up the fresh spinach to make room in the fridge.

 

One Pot Peanut Sauce Noodles 

I've been making this every week, so it may or may not happen this week.  It's a nice, healthy, easy dish though.

 

Creole Red Beans & Rice

Haven't made this in a few weeks but could make it any time since it's mostly non-perishable and I've been keeping bell peppers on hand.

 

Black Bean Burgers

Three more burgers remain in my freezer.

 

Homemade Pizza 

May or may not actually make this since Sameer is planning to order a takeout pizza this week.  We have the ingredients though, so it'll happen eventually.

 

Vegan Garlicky Korean Mac and Cheese 

I keep putting this on the meal plan but haven't actually made it in awhile.  It may or may not happen immediately since the ingredients are non-perishable.

 

Hearty Veggie Hoagies     

To take on our hike through the tallgrass prairie to look for bison tomorrow.

 

Italian Escarole Soup from The How Not to Diet Cookbook, pg. 6

This will be the veggie side of the week that I serve with practically every meal until it's gone.  It'll be the most labor intensive dish since I have to make broth before making the soup, but it's healthy and tasty and will be worth it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment