Monday, March 11, 2024

Meal Planning

I haven't quite finished making everything from the last meal plan, but I need to go grocery shopping today, so I'm carrying it over to this week's meal plan and tacking on ideas at the end that could be easy to throw together. Here is what I'm making:


Instant Pot Garlic Mushrooms and Caulipots and Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce 


Baked Gobi Manchurian and Dal Lasooni and Rice

Adding this because I'll have cauliflower leftover from the caulipots. I'll make the dal lasooni from my massive bag of mung beans. [Edited 3/17/2024: I'm happy to report I effectively cooked rice and the dal in the same InstantPot. I included extra tomato sauce and water in the dal, and I used my new little stand thingy I bought for the InstantPot to hold up what basically looks like a stainless steel cake pan that I had filled with aged brown basmati rice and water. I just set it all to cook for 13 minutes (an appropriate amount for aged brown basmati) and let it steam quietly for a couple minutes after the pressure came down naturally because the rice was initially a bit too al dente for my taste, and then everything was great.]


My pot-in-pot setup tonight, with rice in a smaller tin and dal in the main compartment:


Vegetarian Chili and Cornbread

Because the cornbread will use up the last of my nonfat yogurt. 


Vegan Fried Chicken with ranch dip and Baked Beans and Various Veggie Sides


Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans


Penna alla Vodka with Veg Italian Sausage


Creole Red Beans & Brown Rice


No comments:

Post a Comment