Friday, January 31, 2014

Meal Planning

I'm overdue for weekly meal planning.  The weather has been so cold and occasionally blizzardy here that we have had trouble going to the store when planned and still haven't been able to get to the Indian grocery store to get final ingredients for dosa.  Last week I just made things from whatever we had on hand, like vegetarian chili and cornbread and lots of soups and sandwiches.  Here is what I currently have in the fridge to use up:  a whole mess of grated cabbage (leftover from chilli-garlic noodles), some carrots, fennel (still for the vegan pizza, but fortunately it's still good), about four ripe avocados, and some celery.  Here is what I'm planning to make:

Black Bean Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
I already have the burgers in my freezer, and I've started making my own pretzel bread.  It isn't as pretty as the store-bought stuff, but it's a thousand times better tasting because it's fresh.

Red Lentil & Squash Curry Stew and TLTs
I like this stew, and it's easy.  The TLTs are bacon-tasting tempeh, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches.

Stir-fried Seitan & Vegetables and Brown Rice
I have been making this every single week for awhile now.  It's quick, easy, and can be made with ingredients I keep on hand at all times.

Roasted Beet, Blood Orange & Fennel Pizza with Mixed Herb Tofu Chevre and Cinnamon Squash Chowder

Chilli-Garlic Noodles and leftover soup from another night
I can't think of a better way to use up the leftover cabbage, and this is an easy, tasty dish.  I made milder chili-garlic paste, and I have to use tons extra to make my noodles moderately spicy, but it works well for Simran's portion.  Almost bland.  She actually ate some of it.

Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips and Winter Squash Mac 'n Cheeze and Buffalo Hummus with Celery Sticks and some kind of leftover soup

Penne alla Vodka
I have the vodka sauce in the pantry.  I'm going to try to find some brown rice penne or something else whole grain that isn't as chewy as whole wheat pasta when we go to the Whole Foods today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment