Sunday, May 14, 2023

Meal Planning

The connective tissue graft surgery went really smoothly and it healed really well, and now that two weeks have passed, I can eat what I want again. I have a green bell pepper to use, as well as some fresh spinach. Here is what I'm making:


Vegan Split Pea Curry and Rice and Baked Popcorn Okra or Zucchini Sabzi

The green veg side will depend upon whether there is decent okra at the store yet or not. I think it might still be too early in the season. Zucchini is pretty reliably present though. I want to make the curry because I have tons of yellow split peas I've been working my way through for ages, and I saw someone mention online that a Southeast Asian style curry with coconut milk in it is a great way to eat them. This will probably be Wednesday, projected to be our coolest day this week.


Veg Beef & Broccoli with Rice

I bought some vegetarian Beyond Meat steak tips that have been in my freezer for a couple weeks. I want to make restaurant style beef & broccoli. Not sure how well I can mimic the linked recipe with frozen veg meat, but I mostly wanted a good sauce recipe anyway. [Edited 5/17/23: I made this last night, and it was good but really salty. For next time, I need to use a low sodium broth or low sodium Better Than Bouillon and replace half the low sodium soy sauce with Bragg's liquid aminos. I doubled the sauce, and aside from the saltiness, I think this was a good call.]


Sandwiches! and Salads!

Because I haven't had either one in weeks and I miss them. This will probably be Monday night because I want them right away.


Taco Night with Red Cabbage Slaw

Because there are lots of corn tortillas in my fridge and Gardein fish fillets in my freezer.


Pizza and Green Salad and Garlic Knots

Friday night.


These meals might get a bit more spaced out if they yield as many leftovers as I expect. We might need to do a leftover night midweek.

No comments:

Post a Comment