Friday, May 26, 2023

Even MORE Stuff to Make This Weekend

I just went to the grocery store this morning to get us through the last of the meal plan and Memorial Day weekend. I have some vegan blue cheese and vegan plain cashew yogurt with best by dates next week, and I've been craving more fatty protein, so here are a few more things I need to make:


Buffalo Tofu Salad

This will use up the vegan blue cheese, and I can make the last of my cashew yogurt into ranch dressing. It's a good lunchtime meal.


Breakfast Burrito

I'm newly restocked with potatoes so that Sameer can make chips, and I'm newly restocked with tomatoes so that I can make sandwiches and burgers, so I have everything I need to make vegan breakfast burritos. I'll probably do it one of the hot nights early next week since this recipe doesn't require too much actual cooking. This is another nice fatty protein meal (due to all the tofu). Instead of making breakfast sausages from scratch, I already have Impossible brand ones in the freezer that I can use up.


Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies

It's a holiday weekend and I want dessert, so I'm making these today.



For dinners I'm still making:

Dumplings with Dipping Sauce and Peanut Sesame Noodle Salad

One Pot Birria Ramen

This will use up the last of the cabbage and the marinated tofu leftover from the summer rolls (no store sells tempeh in my town, so I just used tofu).

In addition to Sameer making potato chips, we also have the baked potato skins and buffalo ranch salad kits and corn on the cob to serve with the sundry veggie dogs and burgers I bought. There was a buy one get one free deal on Beyond Burgers, so they cost about a dollar per burger. I want to make mine a vegan Big Mac (or Big Mik, as they call it at Can't Believe It's Not Meat), so I need to also make some special sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment