Thursday, April 3, 2014

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  I've still got one meal to carry over from last week since we're doing shopping a day early.  Here is what's currently in my fridge to use up:  3 ripe avocados, celery, carrots, romaine lettuce, half a chopped red bell pepper, half each of green and red cabbage shredded, and green onions.  I also have some extra Yukon Gold potatoes in the cupboard and a couple tomatoes on the counter.  Here is what I'm planning to make:

Dosa with Aloo Masala and Coconut Chutney
This is my carry-over from last week.  I'm making it tomorrow, so I just prepped the dosa batter today and got the coconut chutney started.

Pita Pizzas
These will use up the last of the herbed feta in my fridge, as well as a tomato from my counter.

Seitan Log and Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach
This will use up the remaining potatoes in the pantry.

Seitan & Veggie Stirfry and Brown Rice

Chilli-Garlic Noodles
This will use up the remaining green cabbage, some carrots, and some of the green onions.  I also have enough chilli-garlic paste leftover from this past week that I don't need to make another batch.  I think I'll also throw the red bell pepper in here, just to get rid of it. 

Fresh Veggie Tacos and Red Cabbage Slaw
This will use up my remaining avocados and the remainder of red cabbage. 

Falafel
This will use up the rest of the pita pockets I have to buy to make tiny pizzas.  It'll also probably use up the rest of the romaine in the fridge and the tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment