Sunday, March 8, 2020

Meal Planning

Time for weekly meal planning.  Here is what we have on hand to use up:  some half-and-half, a tomato, a couple pounds of russet potatoes, celery, a green bell pepper, about half a red onion, half an avocado, and a bag of shaved brussels sprouts.

Here is what I'm planning to make:

Saag Paneer and Aloo Matar and Basmati Rice and Whole Wheat Naan
The saag will use up some of the half-and-half leftover from tonight's pesto alfredo sauce.  The aloo matar will use up at least some of the potatoes as well as some of the frozen peas.

Tofu Provencal and Brown Rice Pilaf and Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts

Curried Tofu Pot Pie
This will use up the tofu cubes leftover in my freezer from making summer rolls last week, as well as some of my stash of frozen peas and some of the celery and carrots and onion in the fridge.

Red Chile Enchiladas and Red Cabbage Slaw
I've discovered that the unsweetened cashew yogurt at my local grocery store (the brand is Forager or Foraged or something like that) substitutes really well for making my yogurt-based homemade ranch dressing vegan, so I'm going to use it in the slaw to make it vegan this week.  The enchiladas will use up the corn tortillas currently in my fridge.

Avocado Grilled Enchiladas with Red Chile Pesto and Homecooked Black Beans
I'm not sure if I ever updated the red chile pesto recipe or if I'm going to have to make it up as I go yet again.  It's nothing like the original recipe I posted anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment